2019 indie to benefit citylight arts project
BENSON – Do you like Benson’s growing art scene? Do you need another reason to enter this year’s Indie?
Proceeds from the 2019 road race – set for July 28 in conjunction with Benson Days – will benefit the Citylight Arts Project (CAP), which seeks to empower the next generation of creatives. The nonprofit, an outgrowth of Citylight Benson Church, was selected as 2019’s race beneficiary by the Benson Neighborhood Association, which hosts Benson Days each year.
The mission of CAP, located at 5603 Northwest Radial Highway, is to:
- Pioneer a new space to learn, create, and cultivate
- Partner with like-minded community organizations
- Promote emerging creatives and their work
- Produce a new generation of art patrons
- Provide for the underprivileged in our neighborhood
The early bird cost through May 1 is $25 for individuals and $20 per person for a team of five or more. For more information about the race, visit www.theindieomaha.org. For more information about CAP, visit www.citylightartsproject.com.